Dallas Wrongful Death Attorney
Seeking Fair Compensation for Grieving Families in Texas
We understand the hardship that surviving family members undergo after losing a loved one. The pain is exacerbated when the death was the result of someone else’s negligence.
If you have lost a loved one because of a mistake or negligence, the Law Offices of Robert Gregg can help you file a lawsuit against the person or entity that is responsible for their death. Our Dallas wrongful death lawyer can formulate a strong case to help you recover compensation for your losses.
Get in touch with us online or call (214) 891-7536 to get started on your case.
Wrongful Death Claims in Texas
The damages awarded in a wrongful death claim will depend on the type of accident and the circumstances surrounding the case. Often, the restitution will depend on the relationship of the claimant to the person who suffered the injury that led to a wrongful death. In Texas, the parents, spouse, and children of the victim may file a wrongful death claim.
Common recoverable damages include:
- Financial losses: This could include lost earning capacity, medical expenses, and funeral expenses
- Loss of inheritance: This involves what a spouse, child, or parent would have expected to receive upon the person’s death, had they lived longer
- Mental anguish: emotional pain and suffering, trauma, or stress
- Loss of Companionship: loss of love and comfort that had been provided by the victim
It is crucial that you file a wrongful death claim within the two-year statute of limitations after losing a loved one. If you do not file a suit within that timeframe, you will be unable to recover any compensation for damages.
There are two exceptions to this rule, including:
- If a child’s parent dies before he or she is 18, the two years will begin when the child turns 18
- If it is not known that a person died due to another’s negligence until later, the two years begins once negligence has been established as the cause
Our Personal Injury Lawyer Is Here for You
At the Law Offices of Robert Gregg, we realize that nothing can replace your loved one, but obtaining compensation can ease the burden of their passing. When you turn to our Dallas wrongful death attorney, you can find a trusted advocate who can bear the stress and worry of the legal process for you.
To schedule your free consultation with our compassionate personal injury lawyer, call (214) 891-7536 now.