Dallas Car Accident Attorney
Holding Negligent Drivers Accountable
According to the Centers for Disease Control, car accident deaths in Texas alone cost citizens approximately $4.89 billion each year. These figures account for medical expenses and lost wages associated with car crashes. Every year in the U.S., approximately 30,000 people are killed in car crashes. These figures don’t account for the many more who survive their accidents with serious and life-altering injuries. Survivors of car accidents may face long-term medical and rehabilitation costs. Their families may struggle to make ends meet due to missed time at work. Individuals may suffer immense pain and suffering, which can interfere with their ability to engage in regular life activities.
The vast majority of car accidents are highly preventable. Most car crashes are the result of human error.
Car accidents can occur due to:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Traffic violations
If you or a loved one was injured due to the negligent actions of another driver, you may be entitled to seek a recovery to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. Our Dallas car accident attorney fights to hold negligent parties accountable and seek justice for victims and families.
Contact us online or at (214) 891-7536 to request a free consultation.
Types of Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can lead to many serious injuries. Some of these injuries are incredibly costly to treat and can affect a person for months or years to come. If you or a loved one was hurt in a car accident in Dallas or the surrounding areas, the Law Offices of Robert Gregg can fight for you.
Common injuries sustained in car accidents include:
- Spinal cord injury. A spinal injury is one of the most severe injuries a person can sustain. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, car accidents are the leading cause of spinal injury in the U.S. The average yearly cost for a person with spinal injury ranges from $42,256 to as high as $185,111. These figures don’t account for lost wages or the initial emergency treatment required immediately after an injury, which can result in medical costs as high as $1,000,000.
- Traumatic brain injury. Traumatic brain injury can impact all aspects of a person’s life and functioning, including thinking, memory, mood, sleep, and sensory processing. Individuals may require long-term nursing care, long-term rehabilitation, and they may have to miss time from work to recover. Others may face life-long disability that can impact their ability to return to work. The emotional, physical, and social impact of traumatic brain injury is immense.
- Internal injuries. The forces involved in a car accident can result in serious internal injuries. Individuals may experience organ failure, internal bleeding, and may require surgery. The impact of a car accident can affect a person for days, weeks, months, years, and even for life. If another person’s actions behind the wheel resulted in your internal injuries, you may be entitled to seek damages under the law.
- Broken bones. Car accidents can result in broken bones, strained or sprained ligaments, or other damage. While these injuries are rarely permanent, they can lead to costly time away from work and affect a person’s ability to enjoy life.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder. Post-traumatic stress disorder can impact a person’s adjustment following an accident. If you have had trouble getting in a car or driving after your crash, are facing mood changes, have had trouble sleeping, or are experiencing flashbacks from your accident, you may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. This condition can affect many aspects of your life and interfere with your ability to enjoy life. It can be costly to treat, and insurance might not cover all the care and counseling you need.
Seek Medical Treatment & Retain an Attorney
Many car accident injuries are not immediately apparent after a crash. For example, the symptoms of mild traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder can sometimes take days or weeks before they become apparent. It is important to seek proper medical treatment after your accident and to closely monitor your health. If you notice changes, such as problems concentrating, changes in memory, sleep, or mood, you may want to speak to your doctor.
It is equally important to consult with a Dallas car accident attorney about your situation shortly after the incident. Without an attorney by your side, the insurance company will likely try to make you settle with a lowball offer that will not fully cover all the damages you have suffered. Attorney Robert Gregg can aggressively protect your rights and interests, seeking the full compensation to which you are entitled.
Seeking Justice for Car Accident Victims throughout Texas
When you seek a recovery for your injuries following a car accident, you are sending a strong message to the community: Negligent actions behind the wheel will not be tolerated. The Law Offices of Robert Gregg can fight to help you seek the justice you and your family deserve. Keep in mind that you have a limited amount of time under the law to seek damages. If you have been hurt, consult with us today.
Call (214) 891-7536 to learn more and get started on your injury claim.