Personal Injury Lawyer in Dallas
Representing the Wrongfully Injured throughout Texas
According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, accidental injury is the leading cause of death of people under 44 years of age. Many of these injuries and deaths could have been prevented had proper precautions been taken. Unfortunately, many accidents occur through no fault of the victim. You may be a safe driver but may still encounter a person who has been drinking and driving.
Regardless of the type of accident you or your loved one was involved in, you and your family may be entitled to receive compensation for medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. At the Law Offices of Robert Gregg, our Dallas personal injury lawyer can take the time to understand the circumstances of your accident, reviewing police reports, speaking to experts, contacting witnesses, and speaking to insurance adjusters. From there, we can offer an honest assessment of the value of your claim and determine whether you have a case under the law.
If you have been hurt, contact the Law Offices of Robert Gregg at (214) 891-7536. Your initial case evaluation is free of charge.
The Personal Injury Lawsuit Process
The aftermath of an accident can be confusing, painful, and challenging for both victims and their families. You may not always know where to turn or who to trust. Navigating insurance policies, the medical system, and the legal system after an accident can be challenging.
Every personal injury lawsuit will be unique. If you are considering pursuing your case, it is in your best interest to retain a skilled personal injury lawyer in Dallas. The Law Offices of Robert Gregg can look closely at the specific details of your case and offer you a clearer roadmap forward.
After suffering an injury in an accident, you can expect to:
- Seek medical care. Don’t wait to address your medical needs. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injury, can take days before symptoms appear. Seeking proper medical care and following your doctor’s instructions not only protects your health, but it provides you with important documentation from medical professionals that you’ll need should you take your personal injury case to trial.
- Speak to an accident attorney in Dallas. Our firm handles a range of personal injury cases. Regardless of the circumstances of your situation, we can build a strong case on your behalf and help you seek the full compensation that you deserve.
- Get an estimate of the value of your claim. Once we have looked at medical bills, spoken to experts, and come to better understand the nature of your accident, we can make an estimate of the value of your claim. Our firm can then consider stakeholders involved in your accident to seek damages and recovery.
- Send demand letters and begin negotiations. In many cases, personal injury cases don’t have to go to trial. Our Dallas personal injury lawyer can write demand letters, speak to insurance adjusters, present evidence, and negotiate with negligent persons, parties, and companies. In most instances, victims and families can see the recovery they may deserve without having to face a costly and time-consuming trial.
- File a lawsuit. If demand letters and negotiations do not work, we can file a lawsuit. Under Texas’s statute of limitations, you have two years from the time of the accident to file a lawsuit.
- Gather evidence. During the discovery process, each party in the lawsuit has time to gather and review evidence. In some cases, you may be required to undergo an independent medical examination.
- Go to trial. If mediation or negotiations do not lead to a settlement, your case may go to trial. Our firm works hard to protect the rights of victims in trial and fight diligently to present the strongest possible case.
If you were injured because of someone else’s negligence, seek justice with the help of the Law Offices of Robert Gregg. Contact us online or at (214) 891-7536 today.