Personal Injury Lawyers and Attorneys in Dallas, Texas
According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, accidental injury is the leading cause of death of people under 44 years of age. Many of these injuries and deaths could have been prevented had proper precautions been taken. Safe driving, wearing helmets and seat belts, and fall prevention are incredibly important. Unfortunately, many accidents occur through no fault of the victim. You may be a safe driver, but may still encounter a person who has been drinking and driving. As more people use their cell phones behind the wheel, it is becoming more common to encounter a driver who is distracted or who is texting a driving. Families may place their elderly loved ones in a nursing home, hoping that their loved one will receive the care he or she needs and deserves, but individuals may find, to their dismay and disappointment, that the nursing home didn’t have proper fall prevention strategies in place. According to the Centers for Disease Control, falls are the leading cause of injury and death among older Americans. Whether your loved one was injured in a car accident, motorcycle accident, slip and fall accident, or was involved in an accident on the job or due to a defective product, you and your family may be entitled to receive compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages.
The Law Offices of Robert Gregg are Dallas, Texas personal injury lawyers who will take the time to understand the circumstances of your accident. We can review police reports, speak to experts, contact witnesses, and speak to insurance adjusters. We’ll take the time to review your case, offer an honest assessment of the value of your claim, and determine whether you have a case under the law. If you’ve been hurt, contact The Law Offices of Robert Gregg, Dallas, Texas accident attorney at 972-225-5762.
Personal Injury Lawsuit Steps and Timelines in Dallas, Texas
The aftermath of a personal injury accident can be confusing, painful, and challenging for both victims and their families. You may not always know where to turn or who to trust. Navigating insurance policies, the medical system, and the legal system after an accident can be challenging. Every personal injury lawsuit will be unique. If you are considering pursuing your case, you may want to speak to the personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Robert Gregg in Dallas, Texas. Our firm can look closely at the specific details of your case and offer you a clearer roadmap forward. Here are some common steps taken in a case:
- Seek Medical Care. You should seek medical care and treatment immediately after an accident has taken place. Don’t wait. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injury, can take days before symptoms appear. Seeking proper medical care and following your doctor’s instructions, not only protects your health, but it provides you with important documentation from medical professionals that you’ll need should you take your personal injury case to trial.
- Speak to an accident attorney in Dallas, Texas. The Law Offices of Robert Gregg handle a range of personal injury cases. Our firm can look at the injuries you’ve sustained, review medical costs, lost wages, and take the time to understand your life before and after the accident. Our firm can help you speak to insurance adjusters and review your insurance policy so that you receive the maximum possible recovery permitted under the law. We can write demand letters to negligent parties and determine the value of your claim. However, this process can take time and you only have a limited amount of time under Texas law to file a claim. This is why it is wise to speak to the personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Robert Gregg in Dallas, Texas today.
- Your accident lawyer will review your case and estimate the value of your claim. Once your attorney has looked at medical bills, spoken to experts, and come to better understand the nature of your accident, an estimate of the value of your claim will be made. Our firm will then consider stakeholders involved in your accident to seek damages and recovery.
- Demand letters and negotiations. In many cases, personal injury cases don’t have to go to trial. The accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Robert Gregg in Dallas, Texas can write demand letters, speak to insurance adjusters, present evidence, and negotiate with negligent persons, parties, and companies. In most instances, victims and families can see the recovery they may deserve without having to face a costly and time-consuming trial.
- Lawsuit. If demand letters and negotiations don’t work, your accident lawyer in Dallas, Texas will file a lawsuit. Under Texas’s statute of limitations, you have 2 years from the time of the accident to file a lawsuit.
- Discovery. During the discovery process, each party in the lawsuit has time to gather evidence and review evidence. In some cases, you may be required to undergo an independent medical examination.
- Trial. If mediation or negotiations don’t lead to a settlement, your case will go to trial. The personal injury lawyer in Dallas, Texas at the Law Offices of Robert Gregg work hard to protect the rights of victims in trial and fight diligently to present the strongest possible case.
There are many ways in which personal injury cases can be resolved. Trial is just one of them. However, you will want a qualified injury attorney in Dallas, Texas fighting on your side. Contact the Law Offices of Robert Gregg today to learn more about your options.
Justice for Victims and their Families
Under Texas’s statute of limitations, you may only have 2 years to pursue a claim after an accident. Time is of the essence. If you are facing high medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering after a car accident, slip and fall accident, defective product injury, or other accident, you may have important rights under the law. Contact the accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Robert Gregg in Dallas, Texas today.