Dallas Theft Crimes Attorney
Defending Texans against Theft Charges
At the Law Offices of Robert Gregg, we have over 25 years of experience defending clients against a wide range of theft charges. Regardless of the type of theft crime you have been accused of committing, we are capable of handling your case.
Contact our Dallas theft crimes lawyer immediately if you have been charged with:
- Auto theft
- Receiving stolen property
- Money laundering
- Money laundering
For more information or to set up a free consultation, call (214) 891-7536 today.
Texas Theft Convictions & Penalties
In Texas, theft is considered the act of taking property that belongs to another person, regardless of its value. The key component of an offense that makes it a theft crime is the defendant’s intent. The defendant will be convicted of theft if the prosecution can prove that he or she took the property with the intent to deprive the owner of the property.
Penalties for theft crimes are based on the nature of the crime and the amount or value of the property that was taken.
The classifications and penalties for theft crimes include:
- Class C misdemeanor ($50 and less): A fine of up to $500
- Class B misdemeanor (between $50 and $500): A fine of up to $2,000 and/or up to 180 days in jail
- Class A misdemeanor (between $500 and $1500): A fine of up to $4,000 and/or up to one year in jail
- State jail felony (between $1500 and $20,000): A fine up to $10,000 and 180 days to two years in a state jail
- Third-degree felony (between $20,000 and $100,000): A fine of up to $10,000 and two to 10 years imprisonment in a state jail
- Second-degree felony (between $100,000 and $200,000): A fine of up to $10,000 and two to 20 years imprisonment in a state jail
- First-degree felony (more than $200,000): A fine of up to $10,000 and five to 99 years imprisonment in a state jail
For the Sake of Your Future, Take Action Immediately
If you or someone you love has been charged with a theft offense, it is important to speak to an experienced Dallas theft crimes attorney as soon as possible. Time is of the essence, and the sooner you contact our firm, the sooner we can investigate the circumstances of your case and work towards building an effective defense.
Contact the Law Offices of Robert Gregg at (214) 891-7536 for solid legal advice and aggressive representation.