Dallas Terrorist Threat Defense Attorney
Protect Your Rights & Your Future with the Law Offices of Robert Gregg
If you have been charged with a crime for an alleged terrorist threat, you are probably feeling confused, intimidated, and anxious. If you have found yourself in this situation, get the legal representation you need by calling the Law Offices of Robert Gregg. Our Dallas terrorist threat defense lawyer has what it takes to fight the charges you are facing.
Call (214) 891-7536 now to get started on your case.
Terroristic Threats in Texas
Although the word “terrorist” brings to mind things like bombings, mass shootings, and national casualties, a terrorist threat crime can refer to less sinister actions.
Under Texas Law, a terrorist threat crime is broadly defined and involves threatening to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property. You might be thinking that a terrorist threat sounds a lot like simple assault. What distinguishes a terrorist threat from a simple assault case is the specific intent involved.
A threat that might lead to prosecution for a terrorist threat crime would:
- Cause someone else to fear imminent serious bodily injury
- Cause law enforcement or other emergency personnel to respond
- Impede or interrupt public services, such as transportation, communications, water, gas, or power supply
- Cause the public or a large group of citizens to fear serious bodily injury
- Influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of state or federal government
- Prevent or interrupt the occupation or use of any public place, such as a place of employment, place of assembly, aircraft, or automobile
To obtain a conviction, prosecutors are only required to prove that a defendant had one of these types of intent. It is important to have a skilled lawyer on your side who has experience defending against these types of charges.
Common defense tactics used against terrorist threat charges include:
- Absence of threat
- Absence of intent
- Presence of an alibi
- Presence of consent
- Unlawful seizure of evidence
Let Our Firm Handle Your Case
At the Law Offices of Robert Gregg, our Dallas terrorist threat attorney is ready to discuss your case. As a firm that has been serving Texas since 1993, we have a thorough understanding of the state laws and legal system, as well as the most effective strategies to use against local prosecutors.