Internet Crimes Lawyer in Dallas
Serving All of Texas since 1993
Internet crimes are serious offenses that could potentially result in long-term incarceration and excessive fines. If you have been charged with a crime committed online, it is crucial to obtain qualified legal advice and representation as soon as possible.
Our internet crimes attorney in Dallas has more than 25 years of experience defending clients accused of:
- Email fraud
- Identity theft
- Computer fraud
- Telecommunications fraud
- Possession or distribution of child pornography
- Software piracy
- Bank fraud
- Online harassment
- Online solicitation of a minor
- Online prostitution
- Sports betting
- Phishing scams
- Computer intrusions
Contact an experienced Dallas internet crimes lawyer today by calling (214) 891-7536.
Penalties for Internet Crimes in Texas
An internet crime is any illegal activity committed on, through, or by using the internet. As there are a variety of types of offenses that are considered internet crimes, there are also several possible consequences. The particular penalty that an offender will face depends on the nature of the crime.
Penalties for internet crimes include:
- Class B misdemeanor: Fine of up to $2,000 and up to 180 days in a county jail
- Class A misdemeanor: Fine of up to $4,000 and up to one year in jail
- Third-degree felony: Fine of up to $10,000 and 2 to 10 years in prison
- Second-degree felony: Fine of up to $10,000 and 2 to 20 years in prison
- First-degree felony: Fine of up to $10,000 and five years to life in prison
A skilled Dallas defense attorney who understands the complexities of the technology and the laws pertaining to computer crimes can help defend you against these criminal charges.
Retain Reliable Representation
Our Dallas Internet crimes lawyer can protect your rights, fight the allegations against you, and create a strong legal defense on your behalf. When you turn to the Law Offices of Robert Gregg, you can have peace of mind knowing that your case is being handled by a true professional.
Call us at (214) 891-7536 for a free consultation.