Car Accident Lawyers and Attorneys in Dallas, Texas
According to the Centers for Disease Control, car accident deaths in Texas alone cost citizens approximately $4.89 billion each year. These figures account for medical expenses and lost wages associated with car crashes. Every year in the U.S., approximately 30,000 people are killed in car crashes. These figures don’t account for the many more who survive their accidents with serious and life-altering injuries. Survivors of car accidents may face long-term medical and rehabilitation costs. Their families may struggle to make ends meet due to missed time at work. Individuals may suffer immense pain and suffering which can interfere with their ability to engage in regular life activities.
The vast majority of car accidents that take place in Dallas, Texas are highly preventable. Most car crashes are the result of human error. Car accidents can occur due to drunk driving, speeding, distracted driving, or when a driver violates the rules of the road. If you or a loved one was injured due to the negligent actions of another driver, you may be entitled to seek a recovery to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. The Law Offices of Robert Gregg are Dallas, Texas car accident attorneys who fight to hold negligent parties accountable and seek justice for victims and families.
Types of Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can lead to many serious injuries. Some of these injuries are incredibly costly to treat and can affect a person for months or years to come. If you or a loved one was hurt in a car accident in Dallas, Texas, contact The Law Offices of Robert Gregg, a car accident law firm. Here are some common accident injuries for which you may be able to seek a recovery under the law:
- Spinal cord injury. Spinal injury is among the most serious car accident injuries individuals can sustain. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, car accidents are the leading cause of spinal injury in the U.S. Spinal injury can be costly to treat. The average yearly cost for a person with spinal injury ranges from $42,256 to as high as $185,111. These figures don’t account for lost wages, and for the initial emergency treatment required immediately after an injury, which can result in medical costs as high as $1,000,000.
- Traumatic brain injury. Traumatic brain injury can impact all aspects of a person’s life and functioning. Brain injury can affect motor function, thinking, memory, mood, sleep, and sensory processing. Individuals may require long-term nursing care, long-term rehabilitation, and they may have to miss time from work to recover. Others may face life-long disability which can impact their ability to return to work. The emotional, physical, a social impact of traumatic brain injury is immense. If you or a loved one has suffered this injury in a car accident, you may be entitled to seek damages to cover medical, nursing, rehabilitative, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. The Law Offices of Robert Gregg is a car accident law firm in Dallas, Texas who can review your case and help you understand your rights and options,
- Internal injuries. The forces involved in a car accident can result in serious internal injuries. Individuals may experience organ failure, internal bleeding, and may require surgery. The impact of a car accident may affect a person for days, weeks, months, years, and even for life. If another person’s actions behind the wheel resulted in your internal injuries, you may be entitled to seek damages under the law.
- Broken bones. Car accidents can result in broken bones, strained or sprained ligaments, or other damage. While these injuries are rarely permanent, they can lead to costly time away from work and affect a person’s ability to enjoy life—for a period of time.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Post-traumatic stress disorder can impact a person’s adjustment following an accident. If you have had trouble getting in a car, or driving after your crash, are facing mood changes, have had trouble sleeping, or are experiencing flashbacks from your accident, you may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. This condition can affect many aspects of your life and interfere with your ability to work, play, or drive. It can be costly to treat and insurance may not always cover all the care and counseling you may need. The Law Offices of Robert Gregg are car accident attorneys in Dallas, Texas who can review your symptoms, speak to medical experts, understand the nature of your accident, and help you seek the damages you may deserve for your crash.
There are many injuries individuals can suffer after a car accident. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent after a crash. For example, the symptoms of mild traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder can sometimes take days or weeks before they become apparent. It is important to seek proper medical treatment after your accident and to closely monitor your health. If you notice changes, such as problems concentrating, changes in memory, sleep, or mood, you may want to speak to your doctor. Finally, if you’ve been in a car accident, you may want to speak to the attorneys at the car accident law firm of The Law Offices of Robert Gregg in Dallas, Texas. Our firm can fight to help you seek the money you may deserve to cover your medical expenses and other costs.
Seeking Justice for Car Accident Victims in Dallas, Texas
When you seek a recovery for your injuries following a car accident, you are sending a strong message to the community: negligent actions behind the wheel will not be tolerated. The Law Offices of Robert Gregg are car accident lawyers in Dallas, Texas who can fight to help you seek the justice you and your family may deserve. However, you may only have a limited amount of time under the law to seek damages. If you have been hurt, contact our firm today at 972-225-5762 to learn more.